Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gobble Gobble Run Run

Thanksgiving has come and gone. There's lots to be thankful for.
  • A dawn run on Thanksgiving morning with my younger son ...and he ran with me the whole way.
  • Thanksgiving festivities with my husband's family - 26 people full of fun and good cheer (and a whole lot of food by the day's end).
  • A husband who is willing (and happy) to go to the grocery store and cook the day after Thanksgiving so we can have turkey with the turkey-less leftovers we brought home from Thanksgiving dinner.
  • The health and opportunity to fit in three runs on the day after Thanksgiving - one to a store to buy my older boy a travel pouch for his trip to Japan, one from a drop-off point on the way home from the airport trip that sent said son on his way to Japan, and one from home to the CU Women's Basketball game.
  • Running buddies who check up on me as I run my way out to the rendezvous point that they've conveniently scheduled so I can get in a 3-hour run with their lively company for the last hour.
  • A son who is willing to spend his time helping me plot my route on mapmyrun.com. (So far, the Colorado portion is available for all to see - in two maps: pjsrun0to105 and pjsrun105to210COtoNEB - both can be found by searching for pjsrun on mapmyrun.com.)

No comments: