Monday, November 06, 2006

Successful Experiment


Because of my recent travels to Knox and upcoming travels to Petoskey, I thought I should squeeze in some high mileage days while I had the chance. To accomplish this, I decided to try 3 consecutive days of 3-hour runs. And I did it!
- Friday: 3 hours 20 minutes comprised of 3 large loops.
- Saturday: 3 hours 13 minutes accompanied by running buddies the last hour
- Sunday: 3 hours 17 minutes with some cyclocross spectating half-way through the run (now that's a tough, skilled, athletic endeavor - cyclocross, not spectating)

Continuing on for the final 90 minutes of my last 3-hour run (after the cyclocross spectating) was a challenge. I was just 20 minutes run-time from home so had to do some serious internal discussing to get myself to turn away from home to get the time in. I'm glad I did, tho' - it had turned into a gorgeous day and I ran on a few trails I hadn't been on lately. (The photo shows one of the detours I took away from home - definitely worth the effort.)

Today and tomorrow - before my next trip - I'm going to the other end of the spectrum. Instead of single long runs each day, my running will be consist of multiple shorter runs as I get all my errands and chores done before heading out of town. So far today, two runs down, two runs to go!

No comments: