Sunday, November 26, 2006

Week's wrap up

Somethingorother seems to be catching up with me. The last couple of days I've been tired, cranky, and rather uninspired. But, I had 85 miles scheduled for this week and I was gonna run 85 miles by gum. So, after a 3-hour run yesterday morning and another 45 minutes last night, I was left with one more long run to do today. I decided to make it the route we've laid out for the First Run of the run to Michigan with instructions to my family to pick me up after 3 hours, 15 miles on the car odometer, or the intersection of highways 52 & 287 - whichever came last. All in all, it turned into quite a lovely run:
  • the running was smooth and felt easy,
  • the scenery was glorious with a spectacular view of the Continental Divide as I climbed the final hills on the eastern edge of town,
  • I was hit by the inspiration that - this being bike/pedestrian trail happy Boulder - I could probably replace some of my road route with trails for the trip out of town (duh!),
  • the last couple of miles of the route were measured and it turned out I was running just under 11 mpm pace and I'd been hoping for anything under 12.
Rejuvenated and ready for my upcoming 90 mile week!

No comments: