Thursday, November 02, 2006

Running Home

This morning, my husband, Kendall, and I were talking about how long my brother had lived in Colorado (20 years) when I queried "When did I move here?" (It was 5 a.m., my mind had temporarily fogged.) We figured out that it was July, 1973...33 years ago. And then the witty man who was my cause for moving to Boulder in the first place for reasons of head-over-heels love, followed up with "and it's so bad now you're running home."

Ahhh...not so bad a't'all....rather so
good! My two most favorite places - both part of my heart and soul. Boulder with Kendall's family nearby, decades' worth of friends, the town where my children were born, all the happenings of a college town, the mountains, the plains, sunshine and Colorado blue sky so many days of the year. A truly glorious place to live and play. And Petoskey, my little home town on the shore of Lake Michigan, where the Vaughan's ran their Basket Shop and raised their children, where most everyone knows most everyone,where summer brings lake time and fun in the dunes, berry picking, hikes in the woods and long hours of daylight, where winter brings crystal white snow, cross-country skiing through all those places we play in the summer, board games and hot toddies with friends, and where through every season, a nightly show of incredible sunsets over the bay and wonderful people to share them with. Again, a truly glorious place to live and play.

So...I'm merely going to try to tie them together with a trail of sweat and miles of smiles. ...running from hearth to home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just say yes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't think of any better places in the world!