Wednesday, March 07, 2007

110-180-110 day 3

So today I didn't do things quite so "right" as yesterday. But there were a couple of good things that came out of the day:
  1. Today's runs: two solid runs vs. one solid run and a couple of dinky runs. Early this morning I ran 11.5 miles at a decent pace with AndyE and late this afternoon I ran 8.5 miles with Joe with the middle bit at a fairly quick pace.
  2. Today's run-related work: Deb and I (with help from a buddy at my old office) got a start on PJ's Run web page! http://pjsrun.home.comcast.net It's still in its infancy but it's rollin'!
As for the not quite so right things:
  1. I stretched but didn't ice.
  2. Eating hasn't been top notch: no food before the first run, decent food after the first run, then just a small snack of leftover nachos about an hour before the second run - where I discovered that nachos are not a good prerun snack for the pjv stomach. And I haven't eaten since the second run; instead I've been nursing a cup of cinnamon tea, trying to settle my stomach.
  3. I'm tired. Really tired. I think it's mostly to do with going to bed around 10, being out the door for my first run by 6:30 a.m., running 17.5 , 18, and 20 miles over the last three days, and having rather full days in between all the running. Something is going to have to give. I've got to get more rest.
All in all though, this is good experience. I've got to know what works and what doesn't work prior to the start of my summer adventure - so week's like this are just what I need!

No comments: