Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring!

Today is the first day of spring - and my 55th birthday.
The day started with a rather empty feeling: my sons left for college last night, my dad is gone, and my husband's work day is going to extend into the evening (parent-teacher conferences). So I set off on my run feeling rather blue. That was to soon change.

As a rosy sunrise filled the eastern sky, I met up with the Boulder Road Runners and an enthusiastic birthday greeting from long-time running buddy Patti. After a few miles with the Road Runners I continued on to higher trails.
Brilliant sky, greening cacti, tiny flowers in bloom, birds singing, butterflies flitting.
Blissful solitude in a magnificent venue.
Emptiness vanquished.
The day turned golden.
Ready to sail on through a new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, youngster,
It sounds like you'll really be ready for this.
Dick Lipsey.
(my birthday's next month)