Saturday, March 10, 2007

110-180-110 day 6 - A very good day!

Today was a rehearsal of the route for The Run's first morning. It was great!
  • Slightly overcast (perfect running conditions);
  • The new (to me) trail that avoids a stretch of busy road worked out beautifully;
  • AndyE met up with me at mile 7, ran the last 8 miles with me, and was wonderful company;
  • The view behind us as we climbed out of Boulder was exquisite, as always;
  • I ran this segment 12 minutes faster than I ever have before;
  • The route included a portion of a route from my early days of running (before Boulder had quite so many trails) which took me past a school house that was built in 1911 - causing me to smile and think to myself "That was the year my dad was born" every time I run past it,

I now have 106 miles on the books for this week.
A mere 4 miles tomorrow then it's on to the 180 week!

No comments: