Monday, May 07, 2007

The clock is ticking

"So much time, so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it."
(a free mile running with pjv to whomever knows where that quote came from ;-))

I've got this list - actually several lists, and the speed of checking items off these lists is quickening. So far between Saturday and today:
  • we bought a rice cooker for the motorhome (for some reason this was a high priority on my list - I just can't run without my rice!)
  • we've scheduled the de-winterization for the motorhome
  • we bought a pair of "talkabouts" (sort of like walky talkies) with an 18-mile range (and were even able to take advantage of a 20% discount at REI)
  • we've arranged for automatic bill pay
  • we got a set of pots and pans for the motorhome - a camping set so they're compact for storage, but with much better surfaces (easier to clean) than our 35 year old set
  • massages are scheduled through June 5th
  • we got campground guides for all the states I'm running through
  • I'm breaking in the remainder of my shoe inventory and have arranged for the rest of the shoe supply that I'll need for The Run
...and the list goes on....lots more checking off yet to do!

In the meantime, the taper has started; this week, just 100 miles and one 30-mile run!

No comments: