Friday, May 04, 2007

Panic spitballs

I was going to title this "Panic Attacks" - but that's an exaggeration. There are a number of things that make my stomach flip flop, but "attack" is a bit much. So I settled on "spitballs." Quick, small, neither pleasant nor welcome, but easy to move on past. So here are a few of my recent spitballs (which are becoming more frequent as June 6 rapidly approaches):
  • The big one: 30 miles per day, 6 days per week. Can I really do it? The mileage I'm able to handle today (compared to, say, a year ago) is mind boggling. But 30 miles every day?!?!?!?
  • Tornadoes. All last night the scroll was going on the TV about the thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes that were following my very route from here to the Colorado/Nebraska border. I've promised that I won't attempt to run through a tornado. But what what our beautiful new motor home? Tornadoes love beautiful new motor homes - such a tasty snack.
  • Kendall saying "we'll just play it by ear" when I say that the map doesn't have cross-street road numbers on the route I'm running through the middle of nowhere Nebraska. His ear and my ear do not always hear the same tune.
  • The calendar. In 27 days we will be heading to Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois for my older son's graduation. In 31 days we will be arriving back in Boulder from Galesburg. In 33 days, I will be embarking on my 55 day, 1451 mile journey.
  • Which leads to: 1,451 miles in 55 days. Can I do it?!?!?
Enough with the spit balls. AndyE and I had a great run this morning filled with frisky cows, prairie dogs and foxes. Tomorrow is another 30-mile run. Let's get this show on the road!

No comments: