Monday, February 06, 2012

SCRAPE YOUR WINDSHIELD!!!!


Note to everyone who is driving in cold weather:
SCRAPE YOUR WINDSHIELD BEFORE MOVING DOWN THE ROAD!!!!!

While running today, as I approached a four-way stop, a car also approached on the cross-street. I slowed to see what the car was going to do. The car stopped at the stop sign so I continued crossing the street, in the crosswalk. I moved my eyes from the car to my right to the street in front of me to ensure safe passage across the ice and snow. And then I heard the car...accelerating...right at me. I screamed like a banshee, waved my arms and sprinted toward the curb. Some combo of those actions caused the driver to slam on the brakes and I was left staring at a completed frost-covered windshield at my right shoulder. The driver never saw me! How could anyone attempt to operate a motor vehicle in that condition? I got across the street, the car continued on its way, windshield wipers moving fruitlessly across the frost. Unbelievable.

No comments: