Sunday, January 21, 2007

Easy day. Whew!

This morning I hitched myself up to my dog and headed out into a light snow not knowing exactly where I was going to be running, but determined to run the 7.5 miles needed to achieve my 100-mile week. So we trotted through the neighborhood (Jester dog definitely leading the way cuz my legs were so so tired), then through the Bureau of Standards, then up a hill to the back of a neighborhood and onto a trail at the base of the NCAR hill, then down a hill and over to my fartlek course and ran that in the reverse of my usual fartlek loop direction for a while, then out onto a plowed road to make running a bit easier, then downhill through a neighborhood, criss-crossed through a shopping center, waited a real long time for traffic to clear so we could cross a street (church must've just let out), then through a pedestrian underpass (first hint of dry concrete all day), into our neighborhood park, out onto our unplowed roads and back home again. 8 miles. Easy easy pace. In fact, you could easily call it jogging and I wouldn't be at all offended. I do believe, given how tired my legs were at the start of this run and how good I felt by the end of the run, you might see me "jogging" quite a bit this summer - and - with a smile on my face!

No comments: