Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No shortcuts

I had a pretty good run today then stopped by to see my coach this afternoon to discuss aches & pains and strategies for dealing with them while continuing to train. I'm very lucky in that my coach is an exercise physiologist in addition to being an accomplished runner and coach. He poked my right leg, he poked my left leg, and he knew just what was wrong with each and pretty much why - a whole lot of snow running, no stretching and a bunch of miles. When we were talking about stretching I told him I was having a hard time transitioning from running as merely a hobby. His response was that "this is your job - and you cannot take shortcuts".

So! Time to leave the computer, go do another round of stretching and jump (well, jump might not be quite the right word) into an ice water bath. Woohoo!

drink. eat. run. drink. stretch. eat. drink. ice. rest. drink. stretch. run. drink. stretch. eat. drink. stretch ...

No comments: