Sunday, January 14, 2007

Week's wrap up - January 14, 2007

First the numbers:
  • 95.5 miles for the week (the goal was 95) - my second ever 95 mile week.
  • 9 miles were indoors (indoor track and treadmill); the rest were out in the elements that ranged from snowpack to snowdrifts to powder to gusting wind to single-digit cold. I doubt I'll encounter similar weather conditions on my run to Michigan; I will, however, undoubtedly encounter similar challenges to my desire to continue with a run!
  • Two days were fairly low mileage (one 8.5 mile day due to a busy schedule; one windy icey day with a 4 mile outdoor run and a 6 mile treadmill run); the longest run was 22 miles; all the other days were in the 12-15 mile range. Most of the miles were very slow so the amount of time on my feet per run was quite high (2.5-4.75 hours).
All in all, I feel ready for next week's planned 100 mile week; a triple-digit week...new territory for me.

Now, on to the running support summary for the week:
  • My buddy Deb and I finished mapping my route (noting, of course, that adjustments will undoubtedly be made). I'm quite excited about Minnesota and Wisconsin as it looks like I'll have alot of trail mileage in those two states. My next step is to lay out the route in 15-mile increments, thus determining my day-by-day schedule.
  • Husband Kendall and I went to an RV show in Denver to scope out the RV landscape. We've found quite a few promising models as well as dealers where we can explore further.
  • Everybody is spoiling me. Friends are offering hours of planning support as well as on-call support for my long solo training runs; running buddies are adjusting schedules and fixing post-run breakfasts for me (see yesterday's post); I trotted into my house at the end of my run today - snow encrusted and totally whupped from running 12 miles in cold, soft snow (rather sand-like) conditions - and was welcomed with a breakfast of homemade quiche and fresh brewed coffee.
This is all becoming more and more real by the day - and, with the support I'm receiving from so many people - it seems more and more possible!

No comments: