Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The best box ever!

My work unit took me out to celebrate my retirement today. ...a very fun gathering at a local brew pub... And, they gave me a going away present - a GPS unit! I do believe they want me to know just where I am while I'm winding my way across the plains. Very cool! But the best part of the present was the box. One of my work mates had written quotes all over the box: top, bottom, sides, on the flaps...everywhere. Fantastic quotes. A sampling:
- Never, never, never, never give up. (Sir Winston Churchill)
- It is better to wear out than to rust out. (Richard Cumberland)
- It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it. (Lena Horne)
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars. (Les Brown)
- Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is? (Frank Scully)
- I'd rather be a "could-be," if I cannot be an "are"; because a "could-be" is a "maybe" who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a "has-been" than a "might-have-been," by far; for a "might-have-been" has never "been," but a "has" was once an "are." (Milton Berle)

...this box is most definitely making the trip with me! Thank you D&I!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just want to say that Paula has always been an inspiration for me at work and I'm happy to have provided her with a meaningful token of my appreciation. You GO girrrl!!