Sunday, July 23, 2006

Emptying out

Day 2 of packing up my office is done. And today I actually cleared stuff out. I had meant to take before and after pictures, but forgot to take the before picture until after many of the this-is-what-makes-Paula's-office-Paula's-office doodads were on their way out the door. No more framed New York City Marathon poster on the wall, the satellite photo of the Great Lakes is down, the signed poster of Alan Culpepper is rolled up, gone is the multi-year collage of Mackinac Island calendars, the far wall is bare where my college best friend's weaving hung decorated with my Boston bibs, no toys on the desk, no trophies on the bookshelf, no comics on the door. Pretty darned dull, actually. I couldn't quite empty the office of everything, tho'. I still have the most current Mackinac Island calendar up on the wall, pictures of my husband, sons, and first running dog (Loki) still warm my desk, and I've got my battery-operated bullhorn at the ready. Can't go through my last week as an IT project manager without my bullhorn!

No comments: