Thursday, July 27, 2006

Boot Camp graduation today...retirement eve

Today was our last day of this six-week session of Boot Camp of the Rockies. We finished up our fitness tests for comparison with the first week. I did quite a bit better with both sit ups and push ups - and was just about dead even with the running test. A tad ironic - but, then, I'm not going to boot camp for the running and I am going to Boot Camp for the core strength, upper body strength, overall balance... And that certainly does seem to be working.

Heading out to Boot Camp today from the office, I was not particularly gung ho. This day, more than any other, I felt like a 'short timer.' Everyone was all a-bustle getting things up and running for the start of the semester while I spent the bulk of the day clearing out shelves and files and pretty much not contributing to the forward march of IT at the CU-Boulder campus...for the first time in 26 years. Hmmm. Must be time to leave. Tomorrow afternoon is The Party. Then I'm done! wow.

No comments: