Sunday, July 30, 2006

Let the retirement begin!



Today's grand finale' party was with my Saturday running gang, affectionately known as the "Satboys" (so named cuz it was all guys until I joined in - and I'd nicknamed the list I used to email everyone the "satboys"). Today we gathered, with families, for a shorter run and a longer breakfast at my house. Great fun! It was after the last guest left that this whole retirement gig really set in. No dashing around to do errands, chores, prep work for the office. I'm free! I did manage to check out the mapping program the gang gave me. We plugged in my house, told it to map a route to Petoskey avoiding major highways wherever possible and an eyeblink later, voila! 1500 miles Boulder-to-Petoskey and the voice came on and said "drive 300 feet northeast then turn right. " Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: