Sunday, December 10, 2006

Gifts from Japan

Firstly, I didn't post anything yesterday - but - I must make mention of Saturday morning's exquisite run. I ran from home to the Boulder Reservoir (the site of the Boulder Backroads Marathon's start and finish) to meet up with running buddies AndyE and Joe. We then headed north on the dirt roads from the rez for a few miles then came back via trails. Bright blue sky, sunshine, countryside peaceful quiet, hawks watching from trees, literally thousands of geese flying overhead filling the sky. A golden, golden run.

As yesterday's grand finale, my eldest (Devon) returned from Japan last night. He had a great trip and came home bearing fantastic tales - and gifts! He has a knack for selecting the perfect gift and it did it once again. He brought me two wrist sweat bands, black with Japanese characters in gold lettering (CU Buffalo colors!). One translates into "strong will" and the other is "sure victory." They may be a tad toasty to wear every day on the way to Michigan, but I certainly wore them on today's run and plan on wearing them on many runs to come. Arigatou Devonsan!

No comments: