Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Where do the mornings go?

When I was working, my mornings usually consisted of a pre-dawn run, dashing off to work (packing both my breakfast and lunch), responding to a myriad of emails and voice mails, going to meetings, problem-solving, adjusting project plans, testing, analyzing, yada yada yada.

In contrast, this morning (a fairly typical post-retirement morning) saw me: wake up around 5-ish (a hard habit to break), turn on the bedside lamp and grab my book as soon as my husband awakened, get up and get ready to run when I got to a good stopping place in my book, run for a couple of hours (hill repeats with AndyE today), get back home and stretch, do situps, pushups and a few other exercises, fix breakfast, do the morning sudoku, take a shower ....and, can you believe it, it's already noon!

No comments: