A typical Tuesday finds me running hills ending at the rec center, enjoying an exercise class, then running home - or, running errands which today would include a visit to the downtown library. This morning I awoke with a squirrely stomach which resulted in me missing my exercise class. Around 11 a.m., I was settled enough to venture out into what was now a snowy morning.
I decided I would zigzag my way to the library - and zigzag I did, turning a 35 minute run into a 78 minute run with jaunts down streets I seldom traverse. It was a delight! I often keep up a running (so to speak) commentary in my head as I cruise along, especially on these wandering runs. This morning's included:
- froze toze (for some reason, my toes were especially cold this morning)
- whimsical (upon spotting a lawn with various logs standing about topped with critter statuary)
- interesting (in response to a sculpture that looked rather like a huge ship's anchor entrenched in a front lawn)
- cool (for the treehouse pictured above - one of the niftiest treehouses I've ever seen)
- school or house? [right next to] house or apartments?
- huh (provoked by the tree sculpture of dolphins - quite unlike most tree sculptures around town that tend toward western themes or critters found in the Rockies)
- ugh (for a huge squared-off brick monstronsity built within a bungalow-filled neighborhood)
- snow globe (as the snow thickened but kept its gentle touch)