Monday, January 09, 2012

What's with this slow revving up business?

Another day and another struggle to get running. What in the world is up with that? Maybe it had something to do with the cold dark morning and ice-covered surfaces; not a particularly inviting venue for venturing out on the morning run...but still....

My usual Monday routine is to run to my volunteer job (reading for the Audio Information Network of Colorado - a broadcast reading service for the visually impaired), work for an hour, then run home...lots of route choices going and coming. It just so happened that Kendall needed to take the car to the repair shop early this morning so I asked if he could drop me off at AINC on the way. I can't remember the last time I got a ride in; what a wimpy start to the day! Howsoever, it turns out I was probably a wise wimp. By the time I finished reading, the sun was starting to soften the ice and it was certainly light enough to spot and avoid the major icebergs along the bikepaths and trails.

It took a while to get into the flow of the run, but once on dirt trails, with temperatures rising, the sun bright, and views of the foothills dancing alongside me, my mood and feet lightened considerably. To help ensure I got all of my scheduled miles in, I called a friend about an hour into my run and arranged a rendezvous which further spiced up the morning. A couple of chatty miles with Amie finished up the run - then mister Taz dog and I went out for a walk in the neighborhood. A delightful conclusion to the morning's perambulations!

Of course, no blog entry is complete without a picture. This is what caught my eye this morning - a morning when the town was still buzzing after yesterday's Broncos-Steelers wild WILD wildcard game.

No comments: