Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Shoe


According to my running logs, in August, 1999 I discovered the Brooks Adrenaline. I am now on pair number 58. A pair of my running shoes tends to follow the life cycle of: running, walking, gardening. Once all my shoe cubbies are full, I send pairs off to the local elementary school or to one of the running stores for donation to various charities.

One of my shoes, however, was confiscated by Jester when he was a pup. He was told in no uncertain terms that shoes were not to be toys. Unfortunately, it was too late for that particular shoe, having been thoroughly attacked by Jester dog. We left the chewed-on shoe in the backyard for Jester and there it remained for his amusement for the rest of his life (and he never touched any other shoe!).

Now we have Taz - and one of his first discoveries in our backyard was that shoe. In the month since Taz has been part of our family, he has completely dissected the shoe whittling through all of its layers. 'Tis definitely his most favorite toy...and the only shoe he's tackled. Socks, however, are another story!

1 comment:

Julie Seydel said...

Interestingly enough, I went to Boulder Running Co today to explore new shoe options, as my current pair (same for last 2 rounds of shoes) seem to give me foot pain after about 15 miles. So in exploring options I went with Brooks Adrenaline's. I've never run in Brooks, and have never heard you talk of foot pain, so maybe, just maybe this is the answer!