Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mish Mash

A mish mash run of hither and thither today:
  • Home to the library to return a couple of books. As I danced my way along the ice-covered streets in the frigid temps of early morning, one book in each hand as I slip slided along, I got to thinking, maybe returning books on this run wasn't the most brilliant idea I'd ever had. Ah well, made it there in one piece, dropped the books in the slot, then
  • Zig zagged my way to the Rec Center for exercise class - turning onto whatever street I saw that had been sanded, discovering a fair amount of false advertising along the way. Oh sure, sand the upper half of the street then leave us peds to our own devices as we hit the slick lower halves of said streets.
  • Got a good working out of glutes, shoulders, tris, and abs at exercise class then layered up for another outing.
  • Left the Rec Center with Amie and another zig zag run looking for sanded surfaces that would end us up back at the library after 35 minutes of running. Once again, running with a buddy went quickly; having 20 more degrees and softening ice helped as well.
  • From the library, I called the family and asked if they might be in the mood to walk toward me with Taz dog for a rendezvous in the park. They thought that was a fine idea and my day's running ended with a bunch of running in circles with the puppy in the fenced-in ball field in our neighborhood park. Taz dog sure loves to run...full tilt when off the leash and, thankfully, at a lovely trot right by my side when on leash.

No comments: