Sunday, February 18, 2007

110 - phew!

This was one tough week: weather, miles, flagging spirit. It's time to look beyond the difficulties and focus on the good stuff:
  • I ran 110 miles this week!
  • I put a 18 mile Saturday morning run and 4 mile Saturday afternoon run back-to-back with a 17.5 mile Sunday run and am still mobile!
  • I didn't fall on the ice; I didn't break anything.
  • I ran with friends on four different occasions - which sure does make the miles fly by.
  • I saw hawks galore, two bald eagles, a cow in labor, and a herd of llamas.
  • Today's run, along a highway, included many stretches of very runnable dirt shoulder...quite the treat for the tootsies that have been pounding so much concrete.
  • I ran in shorts today!!!!

So how did the 110 miles come about:
  • Monday a.m.: 9 miles round about to my massage, 1 mile from the bus to home
  • Monday p.m.: 3 miles to and from the post office (round about)
  • Tues. a.m.: 12 miles including running to the hill drill hill, two sets of drills then bailing due to slick snow & ice, 3 miles on the treadmill, then home (round about)
  • Wed. a.m.: 12 miles gorgeous run until another snow storm blew in - the bald eagle/birthing cow run.
  • Wed. p.m.: 3 miles in snow and ice around the neighborhood
  • Thurs. a.m.: 6 miles squeezed in between when it started getting warm enough for good footing and when I needed to be at my volunteer job - managed to even run a trail I hadn't been on for about a month
  • Thurs. p.m.: 10 miles running with a friend on her errand (the first few miles) then continuing on out and about cuz the weather was so nice and I knew I needed to get in some more miles
  • Friday a.m.: 11 miles from my house to the post office then to AndyE's house then a big loop including some runnable trails and back home again after dropping AndyE off at his house
  • Friday p.m.: 3.5 miles running errands from home to downtown in quite decent weather
  • Saturday a.m.: 18 miles with the first 7 or so on extremely icey surfaces until the sun came up, the next couple getting out to the rendezvous point with Joe and AndyE, then 9 miles of great running on dirt roads and trails around the Boulder Reservoir
  • Saturday p.m.: 4 miles from home to the running store to buy my new watch. Yay!
  • Sunday (today): .5 miles out the door and back after deciding to change from a jacket to a short sleeve sweatshirt, 2 miles out the door and back after deciding to change from tights to SHORTS!, 15 miles out the door and on to Lyons...a little town north of Boulder where my husband met me and we went out for a most delicious lunch (catfish po'boy, sweet potato fries, black bean salad, two glasses of ice tea...yum!)
On tap for the new week:
...decreased quantity (80 miles),
...increased quality (tempo, hills, fartlek, quicker overall pace)


No comments: