Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Doth the stars align????

I'm flirting with a cold.
It's snowing - again.
I'm in the throes of taper-nutty-slugishness due to this week's light mileage.
But - none of that matters!

While crafting a letter requesting permission to run across the Mackinac Bridge, I found out the most amazing thing: The Mackinac Bridge is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
And, their anniversary celebration is going to be held July 27-28.
And, I'm due to arrive at the north end of the bridge on July 28th!!!
And, when I told my younger son about this he replied with "Isn't that the one-year anniversary of your retirement?" And he's absolutely right!!!!

Holy smokes!!!! Cosmic forces - whatever they may be - are smiling on The Bridge!
(The picture is from the Mackinac Bridge Authority photo gallery - beautiful isn't it?!
The bridge, the 3rd longest suspension bridge in the world and the longest suspension bridge in the western hemisphere, connects the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan - and Petoskey ...my hometown...the town I'm running to... is 35 miles south of the bridge. )



1 comment:

Linda said...

That is too cool! You couldn't have planned it to happen light that ;-).
-ld