Friday, February 23, 2007

Yum! Bread!

Forecast for today (Friday): blue sky, temperatures in the 50s.
Forecast for tomorrow (Saturday/traditional long run day): snow and high winds
Smart move of the day: run long today!

It was a solo run, but a fine one indeed in shorts and long-sleeve t: from my house, north towards the Boulder Reservoir, country roads north and east of the rez - accompanied by a bevy of hawks and geese, then east to the town of Longmont. And that's where the bread comes in.

The owners of the Great Harvest Bread Company of Longmont, upon hearing of my run, jumped right up and said they'd send me bread along the way. Then, on top of that, they said if I happen run to Longmont I should stop by for refueling - which is just what I did today. So! After 3.5 hours of running, I trotted into the bakery, got a big welcome from proprietor Matt, and was loaded up with thick slices of bread (cinnamon burst swirl and nine grain - both fabulous) and a topped-off water bottle. And, just as I was turning to leave, Matt said "Oh! You should have some of this too" and handed me a packet of peanut butter. He was exactly right - the bread plus the peanut butter was absolutely scrumptious and did an admirable job of tiding me over while I caught the bus back to Boulder and home. Thank you Great Harvest of Longmont!

No comments: