Saturday, February 24, 2007

Loops of good runnin'

I headed out early this morning to scout trails before rendezvousing with the satboys gang. It was one fine scouting expedition: clear trails that we hadn't been able to run for weeks and wildlife galore. So when I met up with the guys, I was psyched to lead the way.

First we headed through the CU cross-country property and out a back trail - where I pointed out that furry creature you see sleeping in the tree (we all believe it's a raccoon, although we couldn't see a distinguishing striped tail). Then it was over the back gate and onto the South Boulder Creek trail where we saw a magnificent hawk watching the world move about him from high in his tree, and a few paces later a heron flew overhead, then a hawk with something (grass? a stick?) sticking out of its tail flew overhead, then we spotted a hawk sitting in a tree eating its breakfast.
All the while, the sun shone down and a light wind danced about us. Not bad for a winter weather alert day!

(btw: I got my camera phone working again - thus today's picture and I added a picture to the Feb 21 entry)

No comments: