Thursday, February 01, 2007

gyah I'm sick of this

The nice lady on the radio said she had an announcement: "We're under a snow advisory through 9 a.m. tomorrow."
The nice man on the radio shortly thereafter said: "They're now predicting 8 inches of snow."

Yesterday it was all of 17 when I went out for my morning run - and I ran south which turned out to be into the wind which dropped the temperature to I-don't-know-what bitter cold. And as I was headed toward a trail a fellow was coming from that same trail and said: "It's really choppy, really icey, really bad." So I turned (which got me going with the wind and warmer) and ran one more stupid circle on this stupid snow with this stupid ice.

Today it was 5 degrees when I headed out and I was dressed better than I had been yesterday so stayed almost warm. But yesterday's really fine dry snow coated the streets which were then packed down by cars and everything was slicker'n'snot. I met up with AndyE about 40 minutes into my run and we ran some stupid sidewalks around in stupid circles avoiding the supid snow and stupid ice.

Tomorrow we're supposed to see a high of 10 degrees, with wind gusts up to 28 mph, and we'll have that up-to-8-inches of snow on the ground.

Are we having fun yet?!

No comments: